With COVID-19 currently front of mind, we are all much more conscious about killing germs on the things that we come into contact with daily. This can include our computers, phones, door handles and kitchen worktops to name just a few. However, there are a multitude of other not-so-common areas within your home where germs and bacteria just love to grow, and the worst bit? You may not have even thought to give them a clean. More than ever it is vital that we give our homes a little more attention during this crucial time, and this can be made easy with multi-use product, SterilOx which is certified 99.99% effective against COVID-19.
SterilOx spokesperson, Dmitry Anisimov, Chief Business Development Officer, shares the 10 places you may not have thought to disinfect before, but should start to do so immediately.
1. Groceries. Research carried out by the New England Journal of Medicine has shown that COVID-19 can in fact live on surfaces including copper for up to 4 hours, cardboard for up to 24 hours and plastic and steel for up to 72 hours. With this in mind, before you bring your groceries into your home, it is definitely worth giving them a spray with rinse-free SterilOx to ensure nothing is brought inside.
2. Your handbag or purse. Presuming you take this with you whenever you leave the house, it can potentially be a magnet for picking up germs. You may place it on the counter of public restrooms whilst washing your hands and then onto your kitchen countertop when you return home so it is imperative that you keep it clean and sterile.
3. Your kitchen sponges. Soaking up bacteria is what your kitchen sponge does best. Always keep it sprayed with SterilOx to prevent any bacteria from lurking around your sink.
4. Credit Cards. These essentials are handled by lots of people and passed back and forth. Think of all the germs hiding out in the crevices of the numbers on your card. Give them a spray of SterilOx and let them air dry before placing back in your clean wallet.
5. Vacuum Cleaner. The tool that does the cleaning for us but how many times do you clean the handle and the attachment tools?
6. Underneath your rugs. We may hoover our rugs as a matter of course but it is important to not forget to flip them over and do the underside where dust and dirt can be trapped.
7. Remote Controls. Passed from person to person as we take charge of the TV, these dirt magnets require a good spray of SterilOx daily to ensure thorough sanitisation. You can also use a toothpick to help get inside those button crevices.
8. Light Switches. Again, these are touched multiple times a day and should be cleaned often to remove any traces of germs and nasties.
9. Car Keys. These go everywhere with you and rest on many surfaces from checkout supermarkets to kitchen counters and inside handbags; thus, need a regular wipe down to remove germs and bacteria. In addition don’t forget to disinfect all surfaces inside your car too. As we bring our groceries into the car in carrier bags, it’s important to remember to clean all of the surfaces including the steering wheel and gears too.
10. Yoga Mat. If you are trying to keep fit whilst at home and you’re using a mat to exercise on, sweat from your hands and feet can lead to bacteria growth. Simply spray down with SterilOx and keep your mat fresher for much longer.
SterilOx is currently the most effective in the retail market and boasts being skin contact safe, non-irritating, non-staining and eco friendly. The non-harmful solution is non-damaging on any surface and perfect for everyday customer use with a convenient 5 litre jerrycan and soon also 0.5 litre spray bottle available.
SterilOx products are manufactured in Ras Al Khaimah by collaboration of a Russian Research and Development Institute and an international team of businessmen and engineers. Only local ingredients are used that deliver a highly effective natural and eco-friendly disinfectant, sterilizer, sanitizer and deodoriser in one easy to use solution.
SterilOx is currently available from noon.com, amazon.ae and arabianorganics.com and is priced at AED 250 for 5 litres or AED 35 for a 0.5 litre spray bottle coming soon.